Terribly sorry for the inactivity these days. My "first" senior year at State was a brutal one. I still managed to come out on top, but not without a fight.
This summer, I'm heading out West with the boy in order to make enough cash to afford an apartment next year. While I'm there! I plan to:
a) (once hired) save every penny
b) study my butt off on Japanese kanji
c) try my hand at a 365 photo project
d) draw every day
e) start exercising...
f) read at least ten books!
g) find time for video games and anime, too
First things first, let me explain why I'm heading out of state for the summer.
Josh's mum lives out there and we'd be able to attain free lodging for the duration, and Wyoming is in dire need of workers, therefore they pay more for the same job that Michigan will only pay $7.40/hr for. I also have really been wanting to return to that big open sky and rocky terrain, but it has yet to be seen if I can take so little trees for a whole season (I've long attested that where I end up in this country will be determined by the trees and clouds of the area. I don't make a lot of sense, I know). But I guess what locked in the decision was that I really felt with all my heart that it's something I needed to do at this time in my life. I'm just lucky enough to be able to follow through with that desire.
Now, for those of you who read this blog last summer, you're well aware that I'm studying the Japanese language these days. As it turns out, it's really difficult to learn, and my current bane is remembering all of the different kanji and their combinations. My sensei this year was sympathetic to my struggle as the main reason she isn't teaching the higher language courses is due to her "limited" kanji knowledge. Hopefully I can beat the many many characters into my head over the summer well enough to get a head start for 400 level next fall. I'm hopeful. It should help that my friend Ashley (of curiouser and curiouser) and I are planning on google+/skype video study sessions over the summer as well. Basic grammar and vocab, here I come. I swear, my mind needs as much spring cleaning as much as any dusty house.
As most people know, I really like photography. Whether it's documenting events, wandering around outside, or portraits of friends, the urge to take photos is something that I surrender to every time. This fall, I'm scheduled to take a photography class as a Studio Art credit, and I'm really hoping that it will teach me how to use my camera more efficiently. I get by alright as it is, but I'd love to be confident in manual mode. On that same thought, I've always been fascinated by 365 projects, and with my class in the near future, I thought it would be a good idea to start now, before I learn more, and see if there's a difference by this time next year. I'll be in a gorgeous area of the country with plenty to expose my lens to, so why not!
To keep from getting absurdly rusty, I'm planning on making sure I draw something every day on top of the photo challenge. I'll never improve unless I work on it, so I'm bringing all kinds of creative things to work with while in WY. Pastels, copics, graphite, clay, etc., I've packed it.
As if working and trying to manage my academic and artistic endeavors weren't enough to exhaust me already, the boy and I have promised to exercise this summer. Or rather.. to start the long painful journey of becoming healthier people. That's right. FOR, EV, ERRRR. I don't know what we'll be doing yet (probably -gag- jogging, but I do have my yoga to keep up, and we are planning on having bikes with us as well, so there are options!). We will be cooking for ourselves, too, so hopefully... we don't crack and just eat all of WY (also always an option).
While going through this list, I'm starting to wonder how I thought I'd have enough time for all of these things, but on top of everything else, I have a goal of reading at least ten books this summer. I want to reread the Chronicles of Elantra series as I have forgotten much of it, and I know the boy has several of his favorite Forgotten Realms books for me, as well. Perhaps it's will be a nice respite from studying every once in a while. I'm the kind of person who gets caught up in books and has to finish them within a few days from starting them... we'll see how it goes. Then of course, there are all of the video games I wanted to complete this summer, too.... Assassins Creed, Tales of Graces F, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, etc... oh god and anime series...................................................................
Anyway,
I figure all of that ^ will be plenty to blog about~ My drawings and photos for the 365 and daily scribblings will end up on my tumblr, but there will be plenty to share on here as well. Wyoming is a beautiful state, and I mean to share that beauty with everyone who comes across this blog this summer.
http://motivationalmaker.com/saved_posters/poster_fzfofk7egg.jpg
ReplyDeleteWe're on it.