Aug 1, 2012

= ^ _ ^ =

currently reading: lirael
listening to: zero gravity
365 project day: 76*

*my photoshop has to be reinstalled, so my  updates for the 365 project have been put on hold until I get home and can access the disk - _ - ;



C   A   T   S.

While in Buffalo this summer, the boy and I have been frequenting the local animal shelter to get a fix of cats and help socialize them. (I mean, my wardrobe isn't complete unless there's some cat hair in it - __ - )

So I decided that I would attempt to get a portrait style photo of each of my favorite cats at the shelter, and introduce them to whoever reads this blog post. Let me start of by saying that if I lived here, I would have adopted three of them already. Some of these cats are absolute gems, but in such a hunting dog and livestock focused community, it's hard to imagine a happy ending for all of my new feline friends.


Drifter
9 yrs; declawed
loves to give hugs and will greet you with a head bump






















Milton
experiencing shelter fever
needs someone to give him a real life outside of confinement























Daisy
shy but lovely
a perfect lap cat for those rainy days























Clarice
reminded the boy of his own cat
curious but not going to get beneath your feet























Lovebug
a perfect librarian's cat
wants to be with you, on you, everywhere























Missy
mob boss cat
big body, itty bitty meow



















Cecily
young and eager to please
skip the kitten stage and go straight into the lovers lane
























Maverik
sweet little thing
a little shy, but has days where it's just you and him, lovin' it up























Hazel
polydactyl
not only is she gorgeous, but a lover as well
























I had hoped to go back once more before returning to Michigan this summer, but the shelter got hit with a bout of ringworm (yikes......) and so it is under quarantine until after we'll have left.

Thanks for the memories (and the new scars--darn kittens..) and best of luck finding a home of your own. *^*


Also, these are the kittens that were cute, but too young to develop personalities like the winners above (though I still loved them, too)









1 comment: