May 20, 2013

Wanderlusting

As my first (and potentially last) summer staying on campus begins, I have come to the realization that traveling and road trips have become rather a necessity for me.

A large part of me yearns to pack up the car, hop in the passenger seat, and drive with the boy somewhere new and different for a bit.

I haven't spent a summer home in years. I say this rather unfortunately as my family are such a huge part of my life and school keeps me away 9 months of the year already. Last year I spent it in Wyoming, the year before: Japan, the year before that: Traverse City.

Is it because I've traveled these past few summers that I long to travel again, now?
Maybe.

There's just something so irreplaceable in the feeling I get on road trips.
It curls itself up in my heart and tickles at the sides.

I'd compare it to how music can make me feel,
but whereas the melodies oft remind me how I am so very alive
traveling re-opens my eyes to how the world is so large and so full of possibility,
so never lose hope or stop dreaming.


Hopefully I can escape for a bit this summer.
We'll see.

In the mean time, here's a song.


1 comment:

  1. It feels like a calm before the storm... And this song just perpetuates that feeling... So many endings and beginnings...

    ReplyDelete