Aug 29, 2013

moving through life

Today was my last day at the first job I ever loved.

Go figure the moment I find my footing, my niche, my comfortable place
it's time for me to move on.

This summer yielded a lot of things for me.

A good talk with someone who understands my position as a child of someone diagnosed with cancer, and consequently coming to terms with what that means.
The long distance separation of a best friend, and the realization that it doesn't have to separate our friendship.
Starting to grasp my self worth, and beginning to know my place in the professional world as well as what is beneath me.

I'm not to the point where I don't have my moments like this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/8fc007f08c1419f812f6a33fef6270f4/tumblr_mftpejgT6t1rk46zoo1_500.gif

but I am getting closer to having a foundation for myself. Six years too late, but at least it's happening!



Suffice to say, this summer was my favorite time at the CE. I felt like I knew what I was doing, managing my projects more than well enough, and delivering content well above expectations. I felt accepted by my coworkers, and will actually miss them as opposed to feeling like I was never a part of some secret like I did in semesters past.

Don't get me wrong, I always liked my job, but I loved it this summer.

I didn't get to finish my talking plant (because other CE inhabitants sabotaged it, which was wonderful), but I have all of this year to sneak back and give it another shot.

But! Now I get to focus my energies on an even better job at the GEL, doing what I want to do in life: make video games. So needless to say, it's a fond farewell to my CE career.

Here's to moving forward through life, and continuing to learn from it all.

3 comments:

  1. Ktea, I wish you could continue to work at the job you loved and that you have to go through what you currently are, but know that I am here for you 100%! (Even if I get swamped, there's always time for you guys)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I didn't notice this until now T^T

    I know leaving the CE was hard, but I think in the month since then that you've been able to be focused and driven towards your future. Graduating high school does not start some race or time bomb that we must defeat in order to achieve our goals in the world. Heck, My brother just started his first college class of his life this week and he's 25. We are already present in the world, we've made it, and now we can make it into what ever we want~

    (and I second what Jenny said: PARTY CATS UNITE <;3 )
    (also, that gif is one of my favorite things. Ever. I would interject it into the song if Maria von Trapp asked me. "Snowflakes on my eyelashes that thaw/ a gif of a cat stroked by Ben Winshaw/..." the meter may need adjusting a bit...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for your brother! *^*q
      It's not so much that I feel like I don't have the time, but that I am feeling the reality of not having the resources to extend said time and therefore increase my skills before I have to rely on them for an income. I'm making progress on figuring out my options though, and that at least is a good thing I think.

      Also,
      You should know that you influenced me into searching for Bright Star gifs again.... fgjlhdkjfshsghf.

      Delete