Because sometimes persistence is the only way to get through in one piece.
Because we have to ignore the self doubts and trust in ourselves that what we're doing is the right thing.
Eventually we will make it.
Seabird always does a wonderful job of reassuring me whenever the panic tries to set in. (..and if for some reason you're unfamiliar with their work, please check them out. They're really cool people, and their music is something special, at least for me, anyway)
I've been trying to make a couple of "bigger" decisions lately, all of which compound on my lack of funds and lack of time to the point that I need something like a little Seabird to help me find my center.
(positive) Things that I've accomplished lately:
> confidently completed my first art history midterm (can safely say it's the first I've confidently completed, as well. History has never been a strong suit of mine)
> purged clothes for goodwill again (although I need to be stricter about it; I still have too many clothes.)
> cleaned the apartment, of which there is always a certain amount of satisfaction that follows
> established that I'm still a better than average college writing student when it comes to analysis
> decided that I'm moving (temporarily) to Ohio with the boy mid-summer for his internship, and started searching for apartments/places to rent
> successfully colored a friend's hair without incident! I was very nervous > <;;
> come to terms with my post undergrad plan for getting a job in the games industry
> become art lead for the game in progress for our west coast client
> clocked my first hours in months at the gel. It's good to be back on the clock
> planned a good valentine's day and birthday surprise for the boy for once despite my lack of funds
A variety of importance, I know, but even the small victories are victories.
As graduation inches closer (even though I have one more hurdle after this semester before I'm through with MSU), I am realizing and really appreciating all of the friendships I've been fortunate enough to become part of in my six long years of undergrad. There are many many wonderful people in this world, and I'm so happy I was able to meet even a handful of them while at State. I think that's the one thing that makes me glad to be a Spartan.
You're list of accomplishments looks mighty to me :D
ReplyDeleteI for one am quite glad that you decided to transfer to MSU, even if it was for a different reason than what you're leaving with. You're in the home stretch now!